Saturday, November 8, 2014

♡ Product Review: Influenster Mary Kay Clear Proof Vox Box


I know, LONG time no update! So I was given the opportunity to take part in the influenster Mary Kay vox box :) I wanted to give you my opinion on the following products I received. Just a little FYI on my skin - i used to have extremely oily skin, but now it has changed to somewhat normal, but with very dry patches [annoying!] & it is also sensitive to a lot of products-so i am very picky when it comes to facial products!

So I believe you can purchase the whole set for $45 - or you can buy each product individually. The set comes with:

Clarifying Cleansing Gel: This is the first product you would use. It's your basic face cleanser. It claims to remove dirt & oil, clears pores & gives your face a deep cleanse.
My opinion: You know the feeling when you wash your face? Usually you feel that refreshing feeling - I didn't get that feeling when using this. I actually felt like after i washed it off, my face felt like there was a layer of something on it.

Blemish Control Toner: I actually didn't review this product. My face & toners do not mix well. I already have such dry patches - i feel like this would make my face even MORE dry! However, just from doing some research on Mary Kay's website- It claims to tone your skin without drying, cleanses skin & helps control shine.

Acne Treatment Gel: This product claims to clear up pimples fast - and prevents new ones from forming. 
My Opinion: I used this on some breakouts I had, and I actually was impressed. For me, by two days I did see shrinking in the pimples. Didn't dry my face out or anything. So I think I will definitely continue to use this!

Oil Free Moisturizer: This product claims to replenish moisture in your skin, balance it out & leave it with a matte finish.
My Opinion: I had mentioned that I do get very dry patches on my skin - so "oil free" is a no no for my skin, haha. I used this but because of my dry skin it didn't do much for me. After washing my face i would apply this, and my skin would still feel so dry. If you have more normal skin, then i'm sure you could get away with using it.

Final thoughts: I don't not like this product, I just feel like it wasn't for me because of how sensitive/dry my skin gets. Like i stated above - if you have more normal skin, I would definitely give this product a try! 

xox,
amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment